We meet in on Sunday at 5.30pm during the school term. Get in touch with us for more information: 5.30@Connections


A friendly, welcoming place to worship God and explore life’s questions in both a café setting and during Sunday gatherings.

CU@Connections is our Sunday evening faith gathering and is held weekly at 5.30pm during school terms (apart from long weekends). This offers an opportunity for people to gather in a time of community and faith renewal over an evening meal. For more information or if you are interested in attending please contact Matthew Halman on 0413 453 766.

Sunday evening at 5.30pm during the school term.

Email 5.30@Connections


History of Greenock Uniting Church

On January 5, 1855, the Kapunda Circuit of the Wesleyan Church decided to build a Chapel in Greenock.  The original Trustees included William and James Branson, Richard Rodda and officials from the Kapunda Circuit, who acquired the land from a Mr Forster who came from Greenock in Scotland. “Little Glory” was built at a cost of £215, and measured only 22 feet by 18 inside.

For 74 years people worshipped in the church Sunday by Sunday, and celebrated weddings and baptisms.

Worship was transferred to the Institute in 1929 because the building was deemed unsafe; but for many years Greenock Methodists worked for a new church building.

The block on which it stands was bought in 1945 after selling (and demolishing) “Little Glory”.  The foundation stone was laid on the 99th anniversary by Mr David Branson, and the newly named Branson Memorial Church was opened on April 3, 1955 by Mrs. S. Steele (daughter of the late Mr. Roberts) and dedicated by the Rev. C.J. Davis, President-elect of the Methodist Conference. The beloved church bell from “Little Glory” stands in a steel tower beside the new Church.

Centenary Services were held on 18 September, 1955 with preachers Rev. E. Bray and the Rev. Dr. F. Hambly.

The new Sunday School building named The Steele Memorial was opened on 2 October, 1966 by the Rev. R. Jenner.

The Church is now part of the Uniting Church in Australia, which was inaugurated in June, 1977; beginning its journey as the Greenock Uniting Church we now know.

We thank God for 163 years of faithful worship and service and look forward with expectation to the years ahead as we continue to live in love and obedience to Him. 


The Uniting Church SA seeks to be an innovative, growing church proclaiming Jesus Christ, empowered by the Spirit to transform God’s world. Read More.

The Uniting Church is a young church – formed on 22 June 1977, when the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches united to become one. The Basis of Union is the document which affirms our Christian faith and is the guide to what is central to the life of the Uniting Church in Australia. Read the Basis of Union here.