A welcoming group of people who are active in the community.

Numbers attending services are restricted

 due to the COVID19 Pandemic



A link to services by Pastor Rob Morgan can be viewed by clicking HERE

Our worship services are held weekly on Sunday at 8.50am. The church supports the Breakfast clubs at Nuriootpa Primary School, Nuriootpa High School.

Bible Studies: As advised in the Newsletter.

House of Hope: 56 Murray Street, Nuriootpa, SA, 5355


The Uniting Church SA seeks to be an innovative, growing church proclaiming Jesus Christ, empowered by the Spirit to transform God’s world. Read More.

The Uniting Church is a young church – formed on 22 June 1977, when the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches united to become one. The Basis of Union is the document which affirms our Christian faith and is the guide to what is central to the life of the Uniting Church in Australia. Read the Basis of Union here.


History of the Church

A friendly, welcoming place to worship God and explore life’s questions, Nuriootpa and Tanunda joined together after the closure of the Tanunda Uniting Church building in March 2015.

The first Methodist Church in Nuriootpa was a small wood and iron building that was opened in Third Street on November 6th 1901.

As the town grew the church became too small. At a trust meeting in 1936 William Coulthard conveyed to the meeting that he and his sisters would build a stone church on the present site in Murray Street. On November 1st 1936 the church was opened and the old church was transported to Tanunda and placed on the William Street site. The adjoining hall in Memorial Ave was erected in December 1958.

The sanctuary was upgraded in 1963 and in 1986 the central aisle was added. The organ was upgraded in 1982.  The old church at Tanunda deteriorated over the years and was replaced with a new church on February 14th 1993. It was called the Charlotte Thomas Memorial Church after the Thomas family who had given many years of dedicated service to the Church. The Tanunda Church closed on December 28th 2014 and the final service was held in March 2014. The members joined with the Nuriootpa congregation to become the Nuriootpa/Tanunda Uniting Church.