A link to the latest weekly service by Pastor Rob Morgan can be viewed by clicking HERE
A welcoming group of people who are active in the community.
Numbers attending services are restricted
due to the COVID19 Pandemic
The Uniting Church SA seeks to be an innovative, growing church proclaiming Jesus Christ, empowered by the Spirit to transform God’s world. Read More.
The Uniting Church is a young church – formed on 22 June 1977, when the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches united to become one. The Basis of Union is the document which affirms our Christian faith and is the guide to what is central to the life of the Uniting Church in Australia. Read the Basis of Union here.
History of the Angaston Uniting Church
In 1844 George Fife Angas had a building erected in Angaston (the town named after its founder), capable of seating 100, open to people of all denominations. This building, on Penrice Road, Angaston, has been restored, and is available for Church Services, Weddings, Baptisms, Funerals and other uses.
By 1861, there was an unhappy situation with the Baptist minister insisting on baptism by immersion, and the Congregational section of the congregation was unwilling to comply. So a group joined in prayer to find the mind of Christ for them, and as a result, the Independent Church was formed, a name by which many Congregational Churches were known in England. This building, is now the Hall alongside the present Uniting Church building in Sturt Street, Angaston.
The congregation grew quickly, a larger building was required, and the foundation stone for the present Church was laid in 1878 by Mr JH Angas. It became known as the Congregational Church.
Beautiful stained glass windows are in the north-facing part of the Church, donated by JH Angas in 1882, the other stained glass windows being installed in 1899. The pipe organ was installed and dedicated on October 3rd, 1943, in memory of Rev EW Weymouth, and has been upgraded several times to the wonderful instrument of today.
In later years, with the decline of numbers at both the Congregational and Methodist Churches in Angaston, the decision was made to amalgamate, the Angaston United Congregation being inaugurated on Sunday 16th March 1969. On 11th February 1973, The Angaston Congregation became part of the Barossa United Parish. By 1975 it was known as the Union Church, in 1977 it became the Angaston Uniting Church.